Alkaline ceramic balls
- Raises pH levels 7-9+
- Re-mineralizes water
Omnipure Filter Company developed a proprietary patented manufacturing process for preparing specialty granular media for use in a variety of drinking water treatment applications.The primary feature of this technology is that it permits the permanent bonding of the fine powdered particles onto larger support particles to form unique composites that are application specific.
- Increase surface area for exceptional performance.
- Application specific media tailored to maximize contaminant reduction.
- Minimal fines release.
- Similar or superior capacity with less media.
Naturally occurring, calcium carbonate or calcite, re-mineralizes water helping with pH correction. One advantage of calcite is its self-limiting property. When properly applied, it corrects pH only enough to reach a non-corrosive equilibrium. It does not over correct under normal conditions.
- Naturally occurring.
- Controlled pH correction.
Corosex (magnesium oxide)
Magnesium oxide or Corosex as it is known is used to correct low pH in water. With the aggressive nature of Corosex it takes much less contact time to raise the pH compared to calcium carbonate. When formulated correctly it can be used to over correct the pH for alkaline water conditions.
- Helps correct low pH water conditions
- Takes less contact time vs. calcium carbonate
Granular Activated Carbon
Some things carbon removes:
- Compounds that cause unwanted taste, odor or color
- Organic materials from decaying plants and other naturally-occurring contaminants
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs) linked to chlorine and alternative disinfectants
- Algal toxins and cyanotoxins, such as microcystin-LR, cylindrospermopsin and anatoxin-A
- Endocrine-disrupting compounds that can adversely affect hormonal systems
- Pharmaceutical and personal care products (PPCPs) contamination
- Heavy metals
- VOC’s (volatile organic compounds)
Different types of activated carbon are suited for various specialized applications.
- Granulated activated carbon dechlorinates water, adsorbs organic material and liroduces a chemical-reducing environment
- Granulated activated carbon imliregnated with silver salts inhibits the growth of bacteria
- Catalytic activated carbon removes chloramines from drinking water.
- lielletized (or extruded) activated carbon effectively dechlorinates and removes chemicals.
- liowdered activated carbon is used to eliminate trace synthetic chemicals and taste and odor causing chemicals, and for chemical sliills or algal blooms.
Kinetic Degradation Fluxion (KDF) is a high-purity copper-zinc formulation that uses a chemical process known as redox (oxidation/reduction) to remove contaminants. KDF 55 and KDF 85 Process Media can reduce free chlorine as well as dissolved metals. All KDF Process Media forms are effective in controlling the buildup of bacteria, algae, fungi and scale, making them ideal for use with GAC, ion exchange resins, carbon block filters and inline carbon filters.
- Controls bacteria growth.
- Reduces free chlorine.
- Reduces heavy metal content.
- Reduces scale buildup.
- Less filter maintenance.
Omnipure Carbon Blocks
Omnipure introduced its own carbon block filtration media in the spring of 1999. Omnipure’s engineering team created a state-of-the-art compression molding process. This advanced method produces a strong, one-piece block with an extended life. It is unsurpassed at removing chlorine, sediment, taste, odor and organic contaminants. Due to its highly uniform molded structure, the Omnipure carbon block benefits include the elimination of carbon fines release, as well as channeling and bypass.
- Made entirely with FDA and NSF approved materials.
- 0.5 to 20 micron ratings.
- Larger capacities than GAC.
- Can be combined with other media for specialized filtration needs, such as lead or scale reduction.
- Available as drop in elements or encapsulated.
- Finished with spun-bonded polypropylene wrap for increased performance.
- Carbon blocks fit most standard 4-7/8”, 9-3/4”, and 20” housings.
Slow Phos as it is called, is a soluble glassy bead that releases controlled concentrations of polyphosphate into water. Once in the water slow phos helps to prevent the buildup of scale and protects metal surfaces from corrosion.
- Inhibits scale formation.
- Helps keep iron in suspension reducing discoloration and poor taste.
- Coats metal surfaces (such as down line equipment) providing protection from acidity, alkalinity, or many other mineral salts which can lead to rusting.
- Sizes ranging from 50 microns to as low as 1 micron.
- Utilizes a multi-layer depth filtration superior to singer layer options in capacity, pressure drop and service life.
UXC-08 SF is a strong acid cation exchange resin designed for residential or commercial water softening. It is made by a solvent free process and is NSF-44/61 certified. Cation resin in sodium form removes hardness ions such as calcium and magnesium by replacing them with sodium.
- Removes hardness via ion exchange.
- NSF 44/61 certified.